the locating holes are aligned with the index-
b. Female Connector. Replace connector by
ing hole in the flange of the shell.
use of the procedure in a above.
c. Cable, TReplace cable as follows:
c. Cable. Replace cable as follows:
(1) Remove connectors from cable as in-
(1) Remove connectors from cable as in
structed in a(1) through (4) above.
strutted in a(1) and (2) above.
(2) Connect conductors of cable to con-
( 2 ) Install new cable as instructed in
tacts of connectors, and reassemble
a(3), (4), and (5) above.
connectors a s i n s t r u c t e d i n (5)
through (9) above,
7-20. Special Purpose Electrical Cable
7-19. Special Purpose Electrical Cable
a. Male Connector. Replace male connector
a. Male Connector, Replace connector as
(1) Note dimensions of epoxy material.
(1) Remove epoxy potting material from
(2) Remove epoxy material,
connector plate assembly, and disas-
semble plate assembly, (Note location
rivets that hold it to printed-circuit
of connector pin A with respect to
(4) U n s o l d e r cable conductors from
(2) Unsolder conductors from connector
(5) (Solder replacement connector into re-
(3) Solder cable conductors to contacts
placement printed-circuit board.
of replacement connector,
(4) Reassemble connector to plate assem-
(6) Rivet indexing tab to printed-circuit
bly, orienting pin A of connector
board on same side of board as con-
properly to plate,
Figure 7-21, Special Purpose Electrical Cable Assembly
CX-10437/PPS-5, schematic diagram.