C 5, TM 11-6625-1683-15
7-33. Special Purpose Electrical Cable
The following step will require firm
manipulation, but not forcing, be-
cause of the tight fit between the rub-
a. Telephone Plug. Replace the telephone
ber ring on the insert and the inside
plug as follows:
of the shell.
( 1 ) Unscrew housing from stem, and
(9) Align key on inside of shell with key-
slide housing back along wires to obtain access
way in insert, then push insert fully into shell.
(2) Remove terminal screws, and discard
screws, plug, and housing.
The tips o f the electrical contacts
(3) Unscrew housing from replacement
should project almost to the level of
plug, and slide housing onto wires.
the end of the shell when the insert is
pushed fully in.
(4) Remove terminal screws of replace-
ment plug, and discard lugs.
(10) Assembly load ring and sealing gasket
into threaded end of shell.
(11 ) Screw adapter nut fully into threaded
If lugs on wires have been damaged,
end of shell, until none of nut thread is visible.
replace them with new lugs supplied
with replacement plug.
If the adapter nut cannot be screwed
(5) Using screws, connect black wire to
into the shell fully, as described, it
terminal of plug tip, and connect white wire to
may be because the insert was not
terminal of plug stem.
properly aligned and seated inside the
(6) Screw housing on plug.
shell. Disassemble the parts, and re-
b. Connector. Replace the connector (fig.
peat step (9).
(12) Assembly bushing gasket and clamp
(1) Unscrew gland nut from adapter nut,
washer into internally threaded end of adapter
t h e n slide gland nut, cable spring, clamp
nut, then screw gland nut into adapter nut.
washer, and bushing washer back along wires.
c. Cable. Replace the cable as follows:
(2) Unscrew adapter nut from receptacle
(1) Remove telephone plug from cable.
shell, then slide adapter nut, sealing gasket,
Save terminal screws, and unsolder and save
and load ring back along wires.
(3) Push insert out of shell.
(2) Remove connector from cable as in
b(1) through (5) above.
(4) Unsolder wires from solder cups.
(3) Solder two lugs to wires at one end of
(5) Slide load ring, sealing gasket, clamp
replacement cable, then connect them to tele-
washer, cable spring, and gland nut off wires.
phone plug: black wire to tip terminal, white
(6) Slide replacement connector gland
wire to stem terminal.
nut, cable spring, clamp washer, bushing gas-
(4) Connect other end of replacement
ket, adapter nut, sealing gasket, and load ring
cable to 5-contact connector as described in
b(6) through (12) above.
(7) Solder black wire to cup A and white
wire to cup B.
7-34. Special Purpose Branched Electrical
Cable Assembly CX-10441A/PPS-5
(8) Check that the wires are soldered se-
curely and deeply enough in the cups so that
no bare wire is exposed between the insert and
7-24, and refer
the thermofit tubing.