(d) Pull braid wires forward and taper
(30) Disconnect pressure nut from backshell
and screw backshell onto pinned connector (fig. 77) and
toward center conductor. Place clamp over braid and
(e) Fold back braid wires as shown and
(31) Slide reducing ring into backshell and fan
out braid so that braid sits between the reducing ring and
the pressure ring.
(32) Slide pressure ring into backshell and pull
(f) Insert cable and parts into connector
out braid from V-connection formed by pressure ring
body. Make sure sharp edge of clamp seats properly in
seated in reducing ring. Trim excess braid protruding
(50) Using heat gun, shrink P2 and P3 tag
(33) Slide pressure nut onto backshell and
(51) Cut two sections of heat shrink sleeving 48
(34) Clean end of cable and apply adhesive
inches in length.
(R.T.V. 728 or equivalent) to area which will be covered
(52) Place sleeving over cable in finger of boot
by sleeving and cable boot.
which will be connected to S1.
(35) Using heat gun, shrink sleeving, boot and
(53) Using heat gun, sequentially shrink each
piece of sleeving.
(36) Remove excess adhesive from boot and
(54) Insert cable through aperture in rear of
switchbox and clamp to inside wall of switchbox.
(37) Attach dust cover to link chain attachment
(55) Connect cable ends to switch terminals
(38) Strip 48 inches of outside jacket from end
(56) Cut a section of heat shrink sleeving 46
of cable which will connect to P2, P3, P4 and S1.
inches in length.
(39) Trim braid 28 inches from end of cable
(57) Place sleeving over cable which will
connect to P4.
(40) Place cables in fingers of boot as shown in
(58) Using heat gun, shrink sleeving.
figure for 2W1 (app. C).
(59) Using crimping tool, crimp on ferrule and
(41) Strip 2 inches from jacket of twisted
(60) Place an appropriate length of insulation
(42) Trim 1 11/16 inch of braid from twisted
over ferrule and ground wire.
shielded pair leaving 5/16 inch of braid exposed (fig. 7-
(61) Obtain new P4 connector or using
salvaged connector, remove rubber bushing and place
(43) Strip 5/8 inch of insulation from twisted
on cable with shoulder of bushing facing the connector.
(62) Attach wires to connector terminals (fig.
(44) Trim 1/4 inch from jacket of wires which
will connect to S1-3 and S1-2 (fig. 7-28, dimension E).
(63) Slide bushing into rear of connector and
(45) Strip 5/16 inch of jacket from coaxial
fasten connector to cable.
(64) Apply thermofit adhesive under fingers
and cable end of boot.
(46) Trim braid back leaving 13/64 inch of braid
(65) Using heat gun, shrink the finger of the
(47) Strip 7 / 64 inch of insulation from end of
(66) Remove excess adhesive from the fingers
of the boot.
z. Cables 2 W2 2 W6. The following procedure is
(48) Place tag markers and link chain
applicable to the replacement of connectors P1 and P2.
attachments over jacket.
(1) Cut a section of cable (RG-142B/U), 35
(49) Attach coaxial plugs P2 and P3 to cables
3/4 inches in length.
by performing the following procedure:
(2) Place tag marker over outside of cable
(a) Obtain new plugs and disassemble
(3) Obtain new connector or salvage
(b) nut, washer, and gasket over cable
connector from defective cable assembly. Disassemble
(c) out braid and fold out. Cut cable
(4) Place nut and gasket over cable (fig. 7-
dielectric to dimension shown. Tin center conductor (fig.