3-12. Replacement of COMM CONT NO. 1 C-6533/ARC, HOMING/ADF/GYRO ID-1351/A
and INTERCONNECTING BOX J-4247/AR
a- COMM CONT NO. 1 C6533/ARC (fig-
(1) Loosen the 10 captive screws securing panel assembly to case and lift out panel assembly
and the attached chassis assembly from case-
Loosen the two screws together so as not to damage connector pins of COMM CONT
(2) Remove connector P1 from COMM CONT NO. 1 by loosening the two screws securing P1
to connector of COMM CONT NO. 1.
(3) Loosen the COMM CONT NO. 1 from the panel assembly by turning each of the four
turn-lock fasteners securing COMM CONT NO. 1 to the panel assembly one-quarter
turn counterclockwise, then push COMM CONT NO. 1 out through its opening in the
(4) Insert and fasten replacement COMM CONT NO. 1 to the panel assembly by using the
above procedures in the reverse order-
(5) Replace the panel assembly.
(1) I-oosen the 10 captive screws securing the panel assembly and the attached chassis as-
sembly from the case-
(2) Remove connector- P2 from ID-1351/A by turning connector P2 coupler one-quarter turn
(3) Loosen the eight screws (H15 through Hl8) securing four clamps (MP9, MP10, and
MP13, and MP14) to the ID1351 A and pull the lD-1351/A out from its opening in the
Four screws (Hll ) on MP104 and four screws (H20) on the front panel may he loosened
slightly to effect an easier removal of ID1351 A.
(4) Insert replacement ID1351/A through the panel opening and secure with clamps MP9,
MP10, MP13, and MP14 by reversing the above procedures. Secure all hardware and con-
nectors- Replace the front panel-